Spring-time drizzle and gray skies will soon give way to warm breezes and rustling green leaves. While we wait to open up the windows, it’s the perfect time to say “so long” to winter and welcome summer bedding into your bedroom. Here are a few tips to prepare for, and transition to, the balmy nights to come.
- Lighten up, and pack up your winter worries. Use light and bright accents to add extra pop to your summer-weight bedding after you store your heavier blankets and coverings for the season.
- Give the bed a clean sweep. Before you make the bed, be sure to flip and rotate the mattress while laundering mattress pads and mattress covers. Vacuum the mattress using an upholstery attachment before returning the washed and thoroughly dried mattress pad, then make the bed in your favorite summer sheets. Try adding a patterned quilt and shams for light-weight warmth and visual interest.
- Accent the room for the season. Remove candles which evoke a sense of winter’s low light (and flicker like a source of heat) ,and replace them with your favorite vases and cache pots for fresh flowers.
- Let the sun shine in. Wash the windows, and replace your heavy insulated draperies with sheers that let the summer light in.
- Get ready for your best night’s sleep in months!