At Company C, we love layers of color, texture, and pattern whenever we are designing the dreamiest beds. Whatever your style, we have the bedding layers you’ll need to design your own oasis, and a place to retreat as winter takes hold. Here are our top five layering tips, sure to entice you to keep that New Years’ resolution to get more sleep.
- Select sheets that reflect your personal style. Some prefer cotton percale’s crisp cool feel, while others love cotton sateen for is softer, smoother hand. Either way, we use only 100% GOTS certified organic cotton to create our luxurious bedding so you can sleep more soundly.
- Add warmth and texture with cotton matelasses. These heavily-stitched “blanket” layers are a nice way to add lightweight warmth. Select a matelasse color to accent your sheets or to anchor any other elements you add to your bedding design.
- Lay on a duvet cover or a quilt…for both warmth and contrast. Quilts and duvet covers are your bed’s topcoat, and highlight everything underneath. Duvet covers encase a down, cotton, or poly-filled comforter. Duvet covers can be used without a top sheet—where the duvet cover is washed with the fitted sheet. A quilt is used with a full set of sheets, where the flat sheet protects the quilt from frequent laundering.
- Pile on the accent pillows and watch them bring everything together! We love European squares in the back to anchor the pillows and shams (and to prop yourself up for pre-slumber reading). Pillows create visual interest between your sheets and all your top-of-bed elements. Decorative pillows that contrast with your bedding placed near the front of the cases and shams add dimension. Position them as you like, there are no rules…use concepts of symmetry only if they apply to you. For even more visual interest and warmth, add a complimenting throw.
- Remember to conceal the box spring to keep your bed from being woefully under-dressed. Our Waterfall linen chambray bed skirt comes in six lighter shades that coordinate with all our bedding and are oh-so-easy to install. It’s a tailored finish that will compliment your style!