Creating an inspired master bedroom or a restful haven for guests just requires a little planning. Here at Company C, we of course love to start with art for the floor! And while not all bedrooms require a rug, the following six tips will help you get your master bedroom project started.
- Give the bed the prime real estate. The bed is the focal point of the room, and its placement will guide the rest of your design process. Once the bed’s location is determined, consider rugs to help anchor the room….it’s always nice to start a chilly day with a few steps on a warm rug, and our rug planner helps make selecting a bedroom rug(s) easy!
- Dress the bed. Layer on sheets and pillows, quilts, matelasse, or a duvet cover for the top of the bed…this is where the fun begins. Apply a heavy coat of your personal style.. …match and balance symmetrically, or mix patterns with abandon and pile on the pillows. Don’t forget tailored bed panels to dress up the bed’s foundation.
- Tie your spaces together. If your bedroom has an adjoining bathroom, select a shower curtain that matches or coordinates with an element from the bed such as the duvet cover or quilt. This is an easy way to add color and pattern in the bath and create harmony throughout the entire space.
- Think beyond the dresser. As bedrooms become retreats, people are spending more time reading and relaxing in a space once designed primarily for sleeping and dressing. A chair upholstered in fabric to accent bedding (or a rug) provides a spot to rest or reflect, and adds design depth to the room. Add accent pillows or a throw, and you’ll always work from home!
- Don’t overlook the windows. Draperies that coordinate with bed-top layers (see our dynamite new Echo collection) extend pattern and texture to the windows and diffuse direct light to ensure your space is serene and calming.
- Barely made it past the diagram? Don’t give up! Visit your local Company C retail partner or designer for advice , or call us…we love to help!