At Company C, we love color. And we love the mix… layers of colors and patterns that come together effortlessly and not too “matchy”. Whatever your style, we have the bedding layers you’ll need to design your own oasis, and a place to retreat as winter takes hold. Here are our top five layering tips, sure to entice you to keep that resolution to get more sleep!
- Select sheets that reflect your personal style—percale or sateen. Some prefer cotton percale’s crisp cool feel, while others love cotton sateen for its softer, smoother hand. Either way, we use only 100% GOTS certified organic cotton to create our luxurious solid and printed bedding so you can sleep more soundly.
2. Add warmth and texture with cotton matelasses. These heavily-stitched “blanket” layers are a nice way to add lightweight warmth. Select a matelasse color to accent your sheets or to anchor any other elements you add to your bedding design.
3. Layer on a duvet cover or quilt, or both…for warmth and contrast. Quilts and duvet covers are your bed’s topcoat, and highlight everything underneath. Duvet covers encase a down, cotton or poly-filled comforter. Duvet covers can be used without a top sheet—where the duvet cover is washed with the fitted sheet. Like our European ancestors, this is a great way to stay warm while keeping bed layering simple. A quilt is used with a full set of sheets, where the flat sheet protects the quilt from frequent laundering.
4. Pile on the pillows…watch them bring everything together! We love European squares in the back to anchor the pillows and shams (and to prop yourself up for pre-slumber reading). Pillows create visual interest between your sheets and all your top-of-bed elements. Decorative pillows that contrast with your bedding placed near the front of the cases and shams add dimension. Position them as you like, there are no rules…use concepts of symmetry only if they apply to you. For even more visual interest and warmth, add a complementing throw.
5. Remember to conceal the box spring to keep your bed from being woefully underdressed. Our Waterfall linen chambray bed panels come in six shades that coordinate with all our bedding and are oh-so-easy to attach to box spring. It’s a tailored finish that will compliment your style!