At Company C, we love layers of color, texture, and pattern whenever we are designing the dreamiest beds. Whatever your style, we have the bedding layers you’ll need to design your own oasis, and a place to retreat as winter takes hold. Here are our top five layering tips, sure to entice you to keep that New Years’ resolution to get more sleep.
- Select sheets that reflect your personal style. Some prefer cotton percale’s crisp cool feel, while others love cotton sateen for is softer, smoother hand. Either way, we use only 100% GOTS certified organic cotton to create our luxurious bedding so you can sleep more soundly.
- Add warmth and texture with cotton matelasses. These heavily-stitched “blanket” layers are a nice way to add lightweight warmth. Select a matelasse color to accent your sheets or to anchor any other elements you add to your bedding design.
- Lay on a duvet cover or a quilt…for both warmth and contrast. Quilts and duvet covers are your bed’s topcoat, and highlight everything underneath. Duvet covers encase a down, cotton, or poly-filled comforter. Duvet covers can be used without a top sheet—where the duvet cover is washed with the fitted sheet. A quilt is used with a full set of sheets, where the flat sheet protects the quilt from frequent laundering.
- Pile on the accent pillows and watch them bring everything together! We love European squares in the back to anchor the pillows and shams (and to prop yourself up for pre-slumber reading). Pillows create visual interest between your sheets and all your top-of-bed elements. Decorative pillows that contrast with your bedding placed near the front of the cases and shams add dimension. Position them as you like, there are no rules…use concepts of symmetry only if they apply to you. For even more visual interest and warmth, add a complimenting throw.
- Remember to conceal the box spring to keep your bed from being woefully under-dressed. Our Waterfall linen chambray bed skirt comes in six lighter shades that coordinate with all our bedding and are oh-so-easy to install. It’s a tailored finish that will compliment your style!
Decorative pillows add a dash of wow and visually pull together colors in a room, and can be easily changed out as the seasons transition. With increased daylight, we all have spring fever…use some lighter, brighter pillows to transform a sofa, bed or chair.
Placing accent pillows requires following a few simple rules…..your own! Tossed together or perfectly balanced and symmetrical, accent pillows make it easy to bring your personal style to life.
We have collected some of our favorite studies in symmetry, and contrasted them with a selection of perfect pairings that coordinate, but don’t matchy-match. No matter your style, pile on the pillows for texture, seasonal interest, visual impact … and a comfortable place to relax.
To see the artisanal detail that makes Company C pillows so unique, click here.
Accent pillows are a quick and inexpensive way to refresh your home for the holidays. They provide a comfy and stylish way to wow your guests.
Here are some of our favorites…
Blizzard Bailey Pillow – Inspired by our beloved canine companions, this fetching pillow in 100% cotton features a wonderful hand-print of Bailey, a happy pup decked out in his holiday hat against a snow-inspired geometric background. Finished with piping and a hidden-zipper closure. Reverses to hand-printed geometric pattern. Includes a feather/down insert.
Daphne Pillow – Pretty and practical. Brilliant blooms embroidered on scrumptious velvet transform the bed-while adding plenty of lumbar comfort too. Adorned with a pretty side flange that matches the solid velvet back. With feather insert. Imported. Measures 16″ W x 28″ L.
Fair Isle Pillow – This season we’re cozying up to bright-as-can-be Fair Isles inspired by the 18th century originals found in Northern Scotland. The geometric design is completely hand-printed on 100% cotton and adorned with festive embroidery and piping. From ski house to urban oasis, this pillow is the perfect blend of vintage and modern. Includes a feather/down insert.
Frosty Pillow – Ho Ho Ho! Look at Frosty go…Our cheeky snowman in his dashing bomber hat is just right for the time of the year that calls for a little something extra festive around the house. Entirely hand-printed with bold colors and details on 100% cotton-including the geometric background. Finished with festive red piping, and a hidden-zipper closure. Reverses to same geometric handprint. Includes a feather /down insert.
Watch the art of pillow making to see the craftsmanship behind these colorful accent pillows!