Pillows are an easy way to update a living room sofa or a bed’s pillowscape. It’s fun and fresh to seasonally change out your furniture and bed’s “jewelry”…just like you might your own. Let’s take a peek at some of your home’s most coveted trinkets and baubles.
Contrast and visual interest can be amplified by use of a single color story across varied coordinated designs.
Artisanal hand-crafted attention to detail creates a curated and worldly one-of-a-kind look
Monochromatic patterning creates coordination, depth, and unity
Velvet adds a warm and elegant feel
Motifs add a sense of whimsy and spark great conversations………and make great gifts! Have fun with pillows this fall, and pile them on for comfort, color, and texture as we begin to spend more time indoors.
Don’t forget all decorative pillows are 20% off & select pillows 50% off during our Columbus Day Sale… Through October 12, 2016.
Wedding season has arrived, and for your very best friends and close family members a thoughtful and uniquely personal gift for the happy couple will trump any registry’s blender. Mix sentimental (photos) with beautiful (new bedding) for a memorable gift!
To Bay Go Duvet
Be it to toast a dear friend, family member, or a co-worker, many of us will be attending weddings in the next few months. It’s an exciting time for the soon-to-be’s, but it can also be stressful. To be sure a part of your gift is being a great guest; here are a few tips on how to help the newlyweds have a fantastic day.
- RSVP, ASAP! Wedding invitations may arrive by both electronic and posted mail. Be sure to respond as quickly as possible, and always RSVP to the invitation in the format in which it was received. If the invite arrives on embossed stationary, a texted reply will not do. This is a casual response to a formal request, and someone is tallying the RSVP cards. Don’t add to the confusion of planning the event by not providing requested details.
- Post with care. You will, of course, be taking photos with your phone. But unless you are furnished with a hashtag, and some level of instruction by the bride and groom regarding how to share the day, please do not post images to social media while the wedding is happening. Yield to the professional photographer, and let them capture the special moments. You can collect the candid shots as the party and evening unfolds!
- Be on time for the ceremony. What this really means is be sure you are parking the car twenty minutes before the actual wedding begins. If you arrive after the procession has started, seat yourself as quickly as possible in the rear of the venue to ensure the bride is center stage.
- It’s not your day. Please don’t wear a predominantly white or ivory ensemble. And it’s best to leave an all-black outfit for another day as well.
Be ready to welcome those summer breezes into your home, and some sunlight, too. Warming days means it’s time to get windows ready for summer draperies. Here are five tips to help you get any room’s windows ready for the season.
- Send the heavy draperies on vacation. Now is the time to remove heavy fabric and insulated draperies, and have them cleaned to be ready for next fall and winter.
- Prepare for breeze arrival. With draperies down, inspect for dust, and any other reminders of winter such as cobwebs. Open up the windows and check tracks and guides for loose dirt, debris, and any lingering insect guests. Once all the treasures your windows have been collecting for the last six months have been vacuumed up, you are ready for step three.
- Clean the breeze delivery system. Vacuum the screens using the dust brush attachment, moving left to right over the screening, and then repeating top to bottom.
- Make the glass sparkle. Now is the time to wash the windows, inside and out. This project is best tackled on a cloudy day, or when direct sunlight is not hitting the window, to avoid streaking. The internet has an abundance of cleaning solutions and methods to investigate. Be it paper towel, wadded up newspaper, or a squeegee, you will know which method is best for you and your window type. Squeegee always wins the speed test, FYI. Steps two and three leading up to washing will ensure that dust will not be delivered onto clean windows when the first balmy breeze blows through your screens.
- Lighten up. Be it for privacy or to diffuse the direct summer sunlight, it’s time to put up light and airy summer draperies. When the first breeze of summer blows into the room, the lightweight drapes will do a happy dance to thank you for all your effort. And you will be pretty happy with yourself, too!
Throws are warm and welcoming additions to any living room, family room, or bed room. They also bring a new level of design to any space. Throws often have three qualities that make them standout additions:
Layering any of these three elements onto a bed or upholstered furniture will add depth and a visual focal point. Here are a few easy ways to add the versatility of a throw where you need it most:
On the sofa. When adding the visual impact of a throw to any piece of upholstered furniture, consider your personal style and the frequency with which your new throw will be used. For a casual look, toss the throw onto the back of a chair or sofa, and drape without folding. Fringed throws add visual drama when placed this way with the fringe landing just shy of the floor. The look is warm and cozy, and casually inviting. If your style is more formal or structured, drape a neatly folded throw over the arm of your favored piece of furniture for an orderly and at-your-service look. Place a patterned or textured throw over the back of a neutral colored sofa to add some visual spice. No matter your style, the visual contrast of a throw will add depth to your space.
On the bed. Throws bring the utility of added warmth to any bed, but they also add personality and convey welcome to overnight guests. Folded and draped the long way, throws add depth and texture to any sized bed, but make larger beds seem more cozy and inviting. Throws bring a sense of design unity to guest rooms with multiple beds in them by simply placing coordinating throws on each bed. When pulled up over the bottom half of a bed, throws add immediate visual contrast…..and keep sweet dreams from being interrupted on chilly nights.
Decorative pillows add a dash of wow and visually pull together colors in a room, and can be easily changed out as the seasons transition. With increased daylight, we all have spring fever…use some lighter, brighter pillows to transform a sofa, bed or chair.
Placing accent pillows requires following a few simple rules…..your own! Tossed together or perfectly balanced and symmetrical, accent pillows make it easy to bring your personal style to life.
We have collected some of our favorite studies in symmetry, and contrasted them with a selection of perfect pairings that coordinate, but don’t matchy-match. No matter your style, pile on the pillows for texture, seasonal interest, visual impact … and a comfortable place to relax.
To see the artisanal detail that makes Company C pillows so unique, click here.
Wishing you and your loved ones a happy and healthy 2016!
From rugs, to table top, to pillows, we’ve got you covered in savings!
There’s something for everyone, and it’s all on sale…help yourself!